Thesis binding margins
I thought this must be something special when I bought it from a paperie, then discovered is the same old stuff that we peeled off our hands as kids.
A bone folder. This helps you make sharp creases in your pages. More and more art supply shops have bookbinding materials like these.
How I do it:
Your reference pages must be prepared following these guidelines:
I would suggest asking your advisor for blocks of time to hole up at the library, or wherever it is that you do your best work . Then do it. You will be working weekends, no doubt, but try to work steadily and avoid all-nighters. Adjust as necessary—you may need to have an additional meeting with your advisor to request more time away from lab.
Writing for an Audience
Who is your audience?
- Researchers working in analogous field areas
elsewhere in the world (. other strike-slip faults,
other deep sea fans).
- Researchers working in your field area, but with
- Researchers working on the same interval of geologic
time elsewhere in the world.
- All other researchers using the same technique you
have used .
- If your study encompasses an active process,
researchers working on the same process in the ancient
- Conversely, if your study is based on the rock
record, people studying modem analogs.
- People writing a synthesis paper on important new
developments in your field.
- People applying earth science to societal problems
(. earthquake hazard reduction, climate warming)
who will try to understand your paper.
- Potential reviewers of your manuscript or your